“Food is not just fuel. Food is about family, food is about community, food is about identity. And we nourish all those things when we eat well” ~ Michael Pollan
We just wrapped up Farmers Market Week in Minnesota. While the markets happen year round, these seven days are designated annually as a time to highlight the numerous impacts that our farmers markets, and the farmers that source to them have on our communities. The markets are bustling gathering places where consumers go to connect with growers over the beauty and importance of local food. There is a unique grace about these interactions that rarely occurs in any other venue. The farmers markets are places we visit to nourish our minds, senses and bodies.
Read more for a photographic journey of some of the vibrant dishes I’ve created recently using fresh farmers market produce.
I hope this article inspires you to set your sights on a farmers market this week!
“It is in your hands to create a better world for all who live in it” ~ Nelson Mandela
“Farm to Table…Ocean to Fork…and Vineyard to Glass. We cast our votes in favor of the planet one bite, one sip at a time” ~ Lisa Patrin
- FARMERS MARKET MEALS AND THE COMMUNITY OF FOOD
- FOOD AND WINE ON THE FARM: A SUSTAINABLE MINNESOTA DINING EXPERIENCE
- Farm To Plate Recipe: Sustainable Sunday Brunch Made With A Farmers Market Bounty
- Earth Day 2021: Food For Thought
- Kernza® whole grain salad with roasted butternut squash, bacon, crumbled goat cheese, fresh arugula and pomegranate seeds